I know, I haven't posted anything much here lately apart these AAAAAAAA posts. I actually have about half a dozen different posts in draft, but no time to finish them. I'll explain why soon. For that small subset of weirdos who follow my blog but not Google+ (yes Matt, I'm looking at you), check out this recently updated post :
Anyway, the latest batch of questions and answers are as follows :
1) How can stars burn in space without oxygen ?
They can't. It's all a big hoax.
2) Would it take infinite time to cross the galaxy at the speed of light since time stops ?
No, because it doesn't.
3) Is that meme about all the stars you see being within a small yellow circle accurate ?
Yes ! With a few caveats, but for the most part this is that rarest of things : an accurate meme !
4) Is the Earth's rotation slowing down and its orbit changing because of meteorites ?
5) If the distance between the stars is so great, why do they look so close together in pictures of galaxies ?
Somebody huffed on the camera lens, probably.
6) Is Neptune like a giant fart in space that would explode if we dropped a match into it ?
7) What do you think of the idea that the Universe has existed forever - isn't that better than the idea of an initial singularity ?
No, it's rubbish.